Sun, 18 Aug|
Mayors Mead Car Park
Last Minute Windy Paddle on the Stour!!
It looks like there is a window of opportunity to get out on the water in the sheltered location of the River Stour!!! We will meet at 08.00 for 08.30 launch from Mayors Mead, paddling up-river, into the wind. The on-water time will depend on the conditions! This is for experienced paddlers only.
Time & Location
18 Aug 2019, 08:00 – 10:00
Mayors Mead Car Park, Christchurch BH23 1NY, UK
About the event
The strong winds have resulted in us having to cancel the recent planned paddles from Tanner's Lane and Poole to Wareham. However, it looks as though there will be a couple of hours on Sunday morning, before the winds strengthen, when we may be able to get out on the water.
We will paddle in the more sheltered location of the River Stour, meeting at 08.00 for an 08.30 launch from Mayors Mead. We will paddle up-river, into the wind. How far we go, will depend on the prevailing conditions - but as the wind is currently due to pick up from approx. 11.00 onward, we will aim to be off the water by 10.00.
This paddle is only suitable for members happy to paddle in challenging wind conditions.
Please note, the wind forecast will not have to deteriorate very much, for us to also have to cancel this event.